Congratulations to several students in the MD/PhD program for their accomplishments and awards over the past few months.
- Marc-Olivier Deguise was a 2018 recipient of the Canadian Medical Hall of Fame Award for medical students showing community leadership, superior communication skills, and a demonstrated interest in advancing knowledge.
- Clayton Hall was awarded the MIC Award of Excellence - PhD. Clayton’s work investigates the identification and regulation of antibiotic resistance and tolerance genes in the bacterial pathogen, Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
- Sébastien Maillé received a Best Thesis Award for his Masters defense in the Neuroscience Program.
- Laura McDonell received an award for the BCH Best Thesis - PhD, given to the best PhD thesis in the graduate biochemistry program. Her thesis was on the disruption of Ras-MAPK signalling in human neurocutaneous disorders.
- Austin Yan was elected as Co-Chair of the Ontario Medical Students Association, which represents 3500 medical students across the province’s six medical schools.