Monarch Synchronized Discharge planning
- Readiness Based discharge means we work with you to provide smooth transition to life with your baby on discharge from TOH
- Usual lengths of stay –
- Vaginal delivery is "one sleep"
- Cesarian section is "two sleeps"
- Minimum stay is 6 hours - Monarch allows us to coordinate discharge straight from Labour and delivery Room in some cases
- With Readiness Based planning you and your baby will only be discharged when medically appropriate and when proper follow up is in place
Postpartum Services at Monarch
- Monarch is OHIP covered - just like at your doctor or hospital
- Monarch initial visits are typically 24-48 hours after discharge
- Typically 1-3 visits - maximum 6 weeks total or shared care
- Newborn Assessment, General Health, Weight, Jaundice and hydration
- Bilirubin Screening and follow up testing performed at Monarch
- Metabolic and Serious Disease Screening, Hearing Screen (when available)
- Tongue-Tie Release, Staple Removal and Other Special Procedures
- Maternal Post Partum Care and Mental Health Screening
- Breast Feeding support is provided at monarch by international Board Certified Lactation Consultants
- Monarch Patients receive initial Breast Feeding Assessments and Follow-up appointments when necessary - OHIP covered
- Pump rentals and Lactation Supplies are available at Monarch
- We coordinate and collaborate with your regular doctor - Family Physician, Paediatrician or OB - to plan your care and appropriate follow up
- Monarch helps families without MDs to find Primary Care Doctors in the Community (Family Physician, Paediatrician) - we help you find a doctor who fills your needs
- Monarch Links with Community and Institutional partners - eg. Medical Specialists and Consultants, Local Hospitals, Mental Health resources, Home Care and CCAC
152 Cleopatra Dr., Suite 108, Ottawa, On K2G 5X2
More information about Monarch Centre.