Dr. Kerri Ritchie PhD, C.Psych
Clinical and Health Psychologist,
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine
The Ottawa Hospital, General Campus
Department of Psychology
501 Smyth Road, Room 7300
Ottawa, ON K1H 8L6
Dr. Kerri Ritchie obtained a Masters degree in Forensic Psychology, a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and is registered as a Clinical and Health Psychologist with The College of Psychologists of Ontario. She is the Director of Training for the Department of Psychology at The Ottawa Hospital and a member of the executive of The Canadian Council of Professional Psychology Programs.
Dr. Ritchie works with the Maternal Fetal Medicine Clinic providing individual and couples therapy. Her clinical interests include trauma, attachment, personality disorders, and adaptation to acute and chronic illnesses. Her research interests include attachment, psychotherapy outcome research, and mental health and disease processes. She provides clinical and research supervision to students from the Department of Psychology, University of Ottawa.
Most Recent Publications
- Tasca, G.A., Ritchie, K., Demikenko, N., Balfour, L., Krysanski, V., Weekes, K., Barber, A., Keating, L., & Bissada, H. (in press). Matching women with binge eating disorder to group treatment based on attachment anxiety: Outcomes and moderating effects. Psychotherapy Research.
- Maxwell, H., Tasca, G.A., Gick, M., Ritchie, K., Balfour, L., & Bissada, H. (in press). The Impact of attachment anxiety on interpersonal complementarity in early group therapy interactions among women with binge eating disorder. Group Dynamics.
- Tasca, G., Ritchie, K., & Balfour, L. (2011). Practice review: Implications of attachment theory and research for the assessment and treatment of eating disorders. Psychotherapy.
Most Recent Grant Funding
- Tasca, G.A., Koszycki, D., Balfour, L., Demidenko, N., MacDonald, J., & Ritchie, K. (2012-2014). Stepped care for binge eating disorder: Predicting response to minimal intervention in a randomized controlled trial. Grant funded by the Ontario Mental Health Foundation ($148, 364).
- Tasca, G.A., Balfour, L., Gandhi, J., Hunsley, J., Joyce, A., Kinley, J., Koszycki, D., Leszcz, M., Lybanon-Diagle, V., Mercer, D., Ogrodniczuk, J., Ravitz, P., Ritchie, K., Sylvestre, J., & Talbot, J. (2012-2013). Scanning the way ahead: Developing a shared vision of practice-based psychotherapy research in Canada. Planning and Meeting Grant funded by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research. ($24,410)
- Tasca, G.A., Ritchie, K., Balfour, L., Demidenko, N., & Bissada, H. (2011-2013). Binge eating disorder and obesity in women: The role of adult attachment, childhood adversity, and depression. Grant funded by the Canadian Institutes for Health Research, Institute of Neuroscience, Mental Health, and Addiction, $234,074.