Associate Professor, University of Ottawa and Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Department of Innovation in Medical Education
Dr. Glenn Posner is an Associate Professor and clinician educator in the department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Ottawa. He graduated from McGill Medical School in 1999 before moving to Ottawa for his residency. After completing his training in Obstetrics & Gynecology in 2004, he worked at the Montfort Hospital before moving to The Ottawa Hospital in 2009. He has served as the residency program director as well as the Vice-Chair of Education for his department. He is the inaugural medical director of the Simulation Patient Safety Program at The Ottawa Hospital, and the medical director of the University of Ottawa Skills & Simulation Centre. Glenn is a Simulation Educator for the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada. Dr. Posner's program of research relates to the assessment of the intrinsic CanMEDS roles and patient-safety competencies using all forms of simulation.
Patient Care Philosophy
Dr. Posner loves delivering babies and treats every patient the way he would want his own family member to be treated!
- Shehata F, Posner G, Afkham A, Liddy C, Keely E. Evaluation of an eConsult Service in Obstetrics and Gynecology in Ontario. Obstetrics & Gynecology 2016;127:1–7
- Murji A, Luketic L, Sobel ML, Kulasegaram KM, Leyland N, Posner G. Evaluating the effect of distractions in the operating room on clinical decision-making and patient safety. Surgical Endoscopy, 2016, Feb
- Clancy A, Posner G. Attitudes toward research during residency: A survey of Canadian residents in obstetrics and gynecology. Journal of Surgical Education, 2015;Sep-Oct;72(5):836-43
- Bougie O, Posner G, Black A. Critical appraisal skills among Canadian obstetrics and gynecology residents: How do they fare?" Journal of Obsterics & Gynecology Canada, 2015;37(7):639–647
- Posner G, Finlayson S, Luna V, Miller D, Fung-Kee-Fung M. Experiencing health advocacy during cervical cancer awareness week: A national initiative for obstetrics and gynecology residents. Journal of Obsterics & Gynecology Canada, 2015;37(7):633–638