Program Director, Fellowship Training Program in Gynecologic Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, University of Ottawa and Assistant Professor
Dr. Doron Shmorgun completed all of his training at McMaster University, culminating in completion of his residency in obstetrics and gynecology in 2007. In august of 2009 he completed a two year subspecialty fellowship in Gynecologic Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of Ottawa.
Dr. Shmorgun is currently an Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Ottawa, an attending physician at the Ottawa Hospital and a consultant at the Ottawa Fertility Centre. He is the Program Director of the Royal College-approved Fellowship training program in Gynecologic Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of Ottawa.
Dr. Shmorgun is certified in both Obstetrics and Gynecology and Gynecologic Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. He is also certified in obstetrical and gynecological ultrasound by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers.
Dr. Shmorgun’s practice includes all areas of reproductive care, with particular interest in in-vitro fertilization and male infertility.
- Ripley M., Lanes A., Léveillé M.-C., Shmorgun D. Does ovarian reserve predict egg quality in unstimulated therapeutic donor insemination cycles? Fertil. Steril. 103(5), 1170-1175, 2015.
- S. L. Corbett*, D. Shmorgun. P. Claman. The prevention of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. Journal of obstetrics and gynaecology Canada: JOGC. Volume 36 , Issue 11 , 1024 – 1033, 2014
- S. L. Corbett*, D. Shmorgun. Yolk sac number does not predict reliably amnionicity in monochorionic twin pregnancies: a case of a monochorionic monoamniotic twin pregnancy with two distinct yolk sacs on early first-trimester ultrasound. Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology Volume 39, Issue 5, pages 607–608, May 2012
- Shmorgun D, Claman P. The diagnosis and management of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. Journal of obstetrics and gynaecology Canada: JOGC. 2011; 33(11):1156-62
- Shmorgun D, Hughes E, Mohide P, Roberts P. Prospective cohort study of three- versus two dimensional ultrasound for prediction of oocyte maturity. Fertil Steril. 2009. Article in Press
- Shmorgun D, Claman P, McGregor P, McCormick B. Renal artery dissection during an IVF/ICSI cycle. Fertil Steril. 2009. Article in Press.
- Shmorgun D, Chan WS, Ray JG. Association between Bell’s palsy in pregnancy and pre-eclampsia. QJM. 2002 Jun;95(6):329-62.
- Ray JG, Shmorgun D, Chan WS. Common C677T polymorphism of the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene and the risk of venous thromboembolism: meta-analysis of 31 studies. Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb. 2002 Mar-Apr;32(2):51-8.