Sukhbir Sony Singh
Sukhbir Sony Singh
MD, FRCSC, FACOG
Room: The Ottawa Hospital, Shirley E. Greenberg Women's Health Centre, 1967 Riverside Drive, Room 7-236-4, Ottawa, ON K1H 7W9
Office: 613-738-8400 ext. 81740
Dr. Sony Sukhbir Singh is a Professor within the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at The Ottawa Hospital/University of Ottawa. He is also an Associate Scientist and the Dr. E. Jolly Research Chair in Gynecologic Surgery at The Ottawa Hospital Research Institute.
Upon completion of his medical training at the University of Western Ontario (MD 2000, FRCSC 2005), he completed fellowships in minimally invasive gynecologic surgery at the University of Toronto (2005-2006) and the University of Sydney, Australia (2006-2007). He has developed a nationally recognized tertiary level clinical practice in complex surgical gynecology with a focus on endometriosis and uterine fibroids.
His leadership roles include Fellowship Director of the AAGL Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Gynecology and Surgical Director of The Ottawa Hospital's Shirley E. Greenberg Women's Health Centre. He is also Executive Director of the Canadian Society for the Advancement of Gynecologic Excellence (CanSAGE).
To help colleagues, trainees and patients, Dr. Singh has helped disseminate gynecologic surgical and educational principles worldwide. He has over 250 invited and 200 research presentations worldwide, 50 formal courses and over 150 publications to date.
Partners of MIS Gynecology at The Ottawa Hospital
- Dr. Karine Lortie
- Dr. Kristina Arendas
- Dr. Innie Chen
- Dr. Caitlin Jago (Fellow 2019-2021)
- Dr. Bach Nguyen (Fellow 2019-2021)
- Karen Deme RN
- Kelly Lacombe RPN
- Dr. Teresa Flaxman PhD (Research)
- Dr. Vincent della Zazzera (Pelvic Imaging)
Fellowship in MIS Gynecology at The Ottawa Hospital
- Learn More about MIS Gynecology (DOCX)
New Media Links for Dr. Singh
- Video: Innovative and Safe Alternatives to Hysterectomies (2015 Special)
- Video: Dr Singh on Rogers TV Ottawa Daytime on March 8th, 2016
- Video: Dr. Singh in the MIS Suite at The Ottawa Hospital
- The Ottawa Hospital Health Matters: Dr. Singh's Video Blog
- CBC News Feature
- Video: Learn More About Uterine Fibroids by Canadian Health and Family