Residents undergoing training at the University of Ottawa’s Obstetrics & Gynaecology program, as well as residents from outside of our Department, University, or Canada, may want to do an elective of their choice.Please see information below when choosing a resident elective in the Department of ObGyn at the University of Ottawa.
Electives for University of Ottawa Obstetrics & Gynecology Residents
Residents enrolled in the University of Ottawa's Obstetrics & Gynecology program in their post-graduate years 2-5 have a 3-month elective period. This time can be spent anywhere, pending the Program Director's approval. To obtain approval, please arrange your elective with a preceptor and e-mail the Program Director with elective details.
Electives for Canadian Non-University of Ottawa Obstetrics & Gynecology Residents
Residents from outside of our Department, University of Ottawa, or Canada can apply for an elective with the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology by first securing an elective supervisor.
All elective applicants must first obtain approval from an elective supervisor before applying through the University of Ottawa PGME website portal.The PGME office mandates that all electives must be registered through this website portal at least two months prior to the proposed elective start date.
Elective registration for Canadian citizens or Permanent residents or International VISA Trainees currently training in Canada
To register for an elective with the University of Ottawa’s Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, you must do so through the PGME website portal at least two months prior to the prospective start date of the elective and follow the General Guidelines below.
This on-line elective system is designed to formalize approvals and input documentation required to ensure formal registration in the University of Ottawa’s PGME registration and evaluation system.
Electives for International sponsored Visa trainees currently training in a residency program outside Canada or the U.S.
Currently not offered.
Application Process for all eligible Elective trainees
- Requests the elective with an elective supervisor and includes current C.V., Letter of Intent and Letter of Good Standing from home program, and, if accepted, forwards details required to University of Ottawa’s ObGyn Residency Training Program for final confirmation
- Once elective has been approved by University of Ottawa, ObGyn Residency Training Program, applicant must register the elective, following all policies and procedures, through the PGME University of Ottawa website portal no less than two months prior to the proposed start date of the elective.
- Elective Supervisor
- An email confirmation from the elective supervisor must be received in the University of Ottawa’s ObGyn Residency Training Program
- Program Director/Director of PGME Admin(Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology)
- Approves/Declines the elective request through the University of Ottawa PGME website portal.
- PGME Office