Happy New Year OISB members!
It’s time to recognise and celebrate our 2021 research contributions through our annual awards program. Again this year there are two categories of awards, one for Early Career Researchers, and the other for OISB Publications. Please see the descriptions below, and send us your applications!
- The OISB-IBSO Early Career Researcher Award
OISB- IBSO plans to celebrate its early career researchers with the announcement of a new annual award, the OISB-IBSO Early Career Researcher Award. We recognize the importance and the challenges faced by ECRs, and the award is meant to recognize and support ECRs in their career development.
OISB principal investigators are eligible if they received their first academic appointment on or after January 1, 2016. The amount of the award is $500.
Early career researchers can be nominated or can self-nominate for this award. Applications should include an up-to-date OCGS-style curriculum vitae, and a cover letter from the nominee describing their overall research within systems biology, and any collaborations past, present or planned with other OISB scientists. Applications will be reviewed by a committee of 5 established OISB scientists.
Please send applications to Colleen(email@example.com)
Deadline for applications: January 31, 2022
2. The OISB Trainee papers of 2021!
The Ottawa Institute of Systems Biology is pleased to announce the trainee awards for the outstanding publication of 2021. Three awards will be given - one to a postdoctoral fellow (PDF), one to a PhD graduate student and one to a MSc graduate student. Each award is valued at $500!
- Trainee (PDF, PhD. MSc graduate student & Undergraduate student) must be supervised by a Principal Investigator of the OISB.
- Trainee must be the first or co-first author.
- Publication must list the OISB within the author affiliations.
- Publication must be in print or online within the 2021 calendar year
- Papers can be nominated by any member of the OISB, including the trainee themselves.
- Nominations will be sent to Colleen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Nominations must include:
- Name of Trainee, degree (PDF, PhD or MSc) and Supervisor
- PDF or link to publication.
- Non-technical summary of the article written by the trainee for a general audience that sells why your publication is important. The summary must be a maximum of 200 words and is a critical part of the award criteria - so spend some time on it. PLOS has some helpful hints for writing abstracts: https://plos.org/resource/how-to-write-a-great-abstract/
Deadline for Submission is January 31, 2022
- Review Panel will include the OISB Director, along with three OISB Investigators.
- Awardees must agree to a photo shot and write-up on the OISB website.
- Each of the $500 awards will be presented at an upcoming OISB Networking Event.