Time to toot your own whistle – nominate your work for the OISB paper of 2018!
The Ottawa Institute of Systems Biology is pleased to announce the 2018 trainee awards for the outstanding publication of 2018. Three awards will be given - one to a postdoctoral fellow (PDF), one to a PhD graduate student and one to a MSc graduate student. Not only will you get to brag on your CV, but each award is valued at $500.
- Trainee (PDF, PhD & MSc graduate student) must be supervised by a Principal or Associate Investigator of the OISB.
- Trainee must be the first or co-first author.
- Publication must list the OISB within the author affiliations.
- Publication must be in print or online within the 2018 calendar year
Papers can be nominated by any member of the OISB, including the trainee themselves.
Nominations will be sent to OISB Administrator Colleen Paquette <firstname.lastname@example.org> and must include:
- Name of Trainee, degree (PDF, PhD or MSc) and Supervisor
- PDF of the publication.
- Non-technical summary of the article written for a general audience that sells why your publication is important. The summary must be a maximum of 200 words and is a critical part of the award criteria - so spend some time on it. PLOS Genetics has some helpful hints for author summaries (http://journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/s/submission-guidelines#loc-parts-of-a-submission).
Submission by January 15, 2019
- Review Panel will include the OISB Director, along with two OISB Investigators.
- Each Publication Award is valued at $500 and will be presented at the OISB Awards Night January 18th, 2019
- Awardees must agree to a photo shot and write-up on the OISB website.