The Ottawa Institute of Systems Biology is pleased to introduce three trainee awards for the outstanding publication of the year – one to a postdoctoral fellow (PDF), one to a PhD graduate student and one to a MSc graduate student. Below are the criteria, nomination and selection process:
- Trainee (PDF, PhD & MSc graduate student) must be supervised by a Principal or Associate Investigator of the OISB.
- Trainee must be the first or co-first author.
- Publication must list the OISB within the author affiliations.
- Publication must be in print or online within a calendar year (eg. January –December 2015).
- Papers can be nominated by any member of the OISB, including the trainee themselves.
- Nominations will be sent to OISB Interim Director Kristin Baetz (firstname.lastname@example.org) and must include:
- Name of Trainee, degree (PDF, PhD or MSc) and Supervisor
- PDF of the publication.
- Lay summary of four sentences or less as to why this publication is outstanding and important.
- Submission by January 30, 2016
- Review Panel will include the OISB Director, a Principal and an Associate Investigator of the OISB.
- Each Publication Award is valued at $500 and will be presented at an upcoming OISB Networking Event.
- Awardees must agree to a photo shot and write-up on the OISB website.