Are you an OISB trainee planning on attending a virtual conference to present your amazing research this spring or summer? Apply for the OISB Virtual Travel Award to receive up to $250 to cover the cost of registration and/or abstract submission.
The application is simple. Just submit a word document with the following information to the OISB administrative assistant Colleen Paquette (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Trainee information
Career Stage (undergrad, MSc, PhD or PDF):
Conference name and link:
- Scientific abstract that you will present as poster or talk
- A short (150 words max) summary of why this conference will benefit your professional development.
- Have your PI send an email to Colleen (email@example.com) confirming their support for the award and your planned attendance at the conference
- One award per student
- Conferences must occur within the next 6 months
- Awarded trainee must present a poster or talk at the conference and acknowledge OISB affiliation
- An effort will be made to spread funding across as many OISB labs as possible
Recipients will be chosen by an ad hoc committee of OISB researchers and awarded based on 1) Clarity of the abstract, and 2) the summary of professional development. 12 awards of up to $250 dollars are available. Submissions will be evaluated starting April 1st (no fooling!) and continue on a rolling basis until June 1st, or until all the awards have been given.