The University of Ottawa, Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine 2023 Annual Research Day will be held virtually on Friday April 28th, 2023.
The keynote speaker this year is Dr. Andrew Evans, Mackenzie Health, Associate Professor at the University of Toronto, with a focus on Digital Pathology.
On Thursday, April 27th, 2023, Dr. Evans will also provide a teaching session and a career counseling session for anatomical pathology residents.
Request for abstract submission:
Members of the department are invited to submit their recent research for presentation. The format is a 10-minute Power Point presentation, followed by 5 minutes for questions.
Deadline for abstract submission is April 14, 2023.
Abstract submission guidelines:
Please send your abstract via email in a word document at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the following abstract format guidelines:
· The maximum length of the abstract is 500 words
· Title of research should be in title case
· Authors list and affiliations on a separate line after the title, with name of presenting author underlined
· Body of the abstract to include four separate sections: introduction, methods, results and conclusions
Dr. Jean Michaud Award for the best peer reviewed publication in pathology and laboratory medicine:
· Residents, medical students or fellows supervised by pathologists, laboratory physicians and clinical scientists in our academically affiliated university centers.
· This award will consider articles publications published in a peer reviewed journal in 2022 or 2023. Articles considered include Original Research, Review Articles, Clinical Case Studies, and Clinical Trials.
· Selection based on the merit of the submitted paper, not the entire CV of the applicant.
· The application should be supported by a letter from the supervising professor attesting to the major contribution of the resident or medical student.
· If two authors have equal contribution, the award will be shared.
· The application should be electronically submitted with a PDF reprint of the paper and the letter of support by the professor.
· The award of $500.00 will be announced during the Annual Research Day of the department.
· Selection to be made by a judging committee.
Deadline to submit the application is 11:59 PM on April 14, 2023.
Please send your application to Pathology and Lab Medicine Office (email@example.com ).
Please mark your calendars for this event. We look forward to seeing you at the 2023 Annual Research day