The University of Ottawa, Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine 2021 Annual Research Day will be held on Friday May 7th, 2021 via Microsoft teams.
Request for abstract submission:
Members of the department are invited to submit their research that they are currently preparing for presentation or that they have recently presented elsewhere. The format is a 10-minute Power Point presentation, followed by 5 minutes for questions.
For registration please follow the link: https://fr.surveymonkey.com/r/CWRRFT7
Deadline for abstract submission is 11:59 PM on April 19, 2021. Please note that no abstract will be accepted after this time.
Abstract submission guidelines:
Please send your abstract via email in a word document at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the following abstract format guidelines:
- The maximum length of the abstract is 500 words
- Title of research should be in title case
- Authors list and affiliations, with name of presenting author underlined
- Body of the abstract to include introduction, methods, results and conclusions
The keynote speaker this year is Dr. Greg Charville, Assistant Professor of Pathology at Stanford University, with interests in gastrointestinal and bone/soft tissue pathology. His talk is entitled “New approaches to diagnosing sarcoma”.
On Thursday, May 6, 2021, Dr. Charville will also provide a teaching session on “Rhabdomyogenic tumors and their mimics” and a career counseling session for anatomical pathology residents.
Dr. Jean Michaud Award for the best peer reviewed publication in pathology and laboratory medicine:
Again this year, Dr. Jean Michaud will be sponsoring an Award for the best peer reviewed publication in clinical pathology and laboratory medicine.
- Residents, medical students or fellows supervised by pathologists, laboratory physicians and clinical scientists in our academically affiliated university centers.
- This award will consider articles publications published in a peer reviewed journal in 2020 or 2021. Articles considered include Original Research, Review Articles, Clinical Case Studies, and Clinical Trials.
- Selection based on the merit of the submitted paper, not the entire CV of the applicant.
- The application should be supported by a letter from the professor in charge attesting to the major contribution of the resident or medical student.
- If two authors have equal contribution, the award will be shared.
- The application should be electronically submitted with a PDF reprint of the paper and the letter of support by the professor.
- The award of $400.00 will be announced during the Annual Research Day of the department.
- Selection made by a committee including some of the judges of Department of Pathology Annual Research Day.
Deadline to submit your application will be no later than 11:59 pm on April 19, 2021. Please note that no abstract will be accepted after this time.
Please send your application to Pathology and Lab Medicine Office (email@example.com ).
Please mark your calendars for this event. We look forward to seeing you at the 2021 Annual Research day