Dr. Ajoy Basak
Dr. Ajoy Basak
Adjunct Professor, Pathology & Laboratory MedicineAffiliate Investigator, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, U Ottawa Dept. U Ottawa, ON, Canada and Adjunct Professor, Pathology & Laboratory Medicine Dept. U Ottawa, ON, Canada
HSS2305B (Molecular mechanism of diseases); HSS3305A (Pathophysiology of health problems); HSS5903 (Seminar); BCH3125 (Protein Chemistry course); BCH4040 (Honors Research Project)
- C.A. Goubko, A. Basak, S. Majumdar, H. Jarrell, N.H. Khieu., X. Cao. Comparative analysis •Mammalian Subtilase Superfamily The PCSKs (Proprotein Convertase Subtilisin Kexins) - Role in health and diseases, •Cholesterol regulation, Cardiovascular Disease and PCSK9, •Proteolytic enzymes and Designing inhibitors, Proteomicsof RGDS photocaged peptides for cell patterning. J Biomed-Mater Res Part A 101A, 787- teomics study,Mass spectrometry, Peptide synthesis, •Protein secondary structure analysis, Circular Dichroism, FT-IR, Viral 796, 2013.
- S. Majumdar, J. De, J. Hossain and A. Basak. Formylation of Amines Catalysed by Protic Ionic Liquids Under solvent free condition, Tel Lett, 54, 262–266, 2013.
- C. Lalou, A. Basak; P. Mishra, B.C. Mohanta, R. Banik, B.N. Dinda and A-M, Khatib. Inhibition of tumor cells proliferation and migration by the flavonoid furin inhibitor isolated from Oroxylum indicum. Curr Med Chem, 20, 583-591, 2013.
- S. Basak, A. Basak and A. Basak. Intervention of Viral Infections by Targeting Host Cellular Protease/s: A Possibility Examined Through the Eyes of Glycoprotein Processing. J Ind Chem Soc, 90, 1573-1587, 2013.
- C.K. Hamilton, L. Navarro-Martin, M. Neufeld, A. Basak, V.L. Trudeau Early expression of GPER and aromatase reveals a role for estrogens in the development of the lateral line system in a frog. General and Comparative Endocrinology, 205, 242-50. 2014.
- C.A. Goubko, A. Basak, S. Majumdar, X. Cao. Dynamic Cell Patterning of Photoresponsive Hyaluronic Acid Hydrogels. J Biomed-Mater Res Part A, 102 (2), 381-391, 2014.
- R. H. Alghamdi, P. O’Reilly, C. Lu, J. Gomes, T.A. Lagace and A. Basak. LDL-R Promoting Activity of Peptides derived from human PCSK9 Catalytic Domain (153-420): Design, Synthesis & Biochemical Evaluation., European J of Med Chem, 92, 890-907, 2015.
- A. Basak, M. Goswami, A. Rajkumar, T. Mitra, S. Majumdar, P. O’Reilly, H.M. Bdour, V.L. Trudeau and Amit Basak Enediynyl Peptides and Coumarinyl Sulphones as Inhibitors of Proprotein Convertases PCSK8/SKI-1/S1P and PCSK4/PC4: Design, Synthesis and In vitro Kinetic Evaluation. Bio-Organic Med Chem Letts. 25:2225-2237, 2015.
- A. Basak. Preface Editorial, Current Proteomics, 12 (1), 3, 2015.
- UC De, J Bhowmik, S. Chowdhury, A. Basak and BN Dinda. Isolation and characterization of a new flavonoid gluocoside from the aerial parts of Phyrinium Placentarium. Chemistry of Natural Compounds, 51 (3), 444-447, 2015.
- S. Basak, Chunyu Lu and A. Basak. Post-translational Protein Modifications with The Emphasis On Rare Types and Their Implications. Current Medicinal Chemistry, 23 (7), 714-745, 2016.
- M.J. Venables, L. Navarro-Martín; A. Basak; B. Baum, D. Zhang,and V.L. Trudeau. Characterization of multiple nestin isoforms in the goldfish brain, Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology Part D: Genomics and Proteomics, 19:8-17, 2016.
- F. Au, A. Bielecki, E. Blais, M. Fisher, S. Cakmak, A. Basak, J. Gomes, T. Arbuckle, W.F. Fraser, R. Vincent & P. Kumarathasan. Blood metal levels and third trimester maternal plasma matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs). Chemosphere, 159:506-515, 2016.
- M. Saad, C Lu, C. Koya and A. Basak. C-Terminal Truncation of Human Transthyretin Linked to Amyloidosis is mediated by a Trypsin like Enzyme: In vitro Demonstration Using Model Peptides, Biochemical Compound, 45 1-13, 2016. (http://dx.doi.org/10.7243/2052-9341-4-5),
- B. Kadio, S Yaya, A. Basak, J. Gomes, K Djè and C. Mesenge. Calcium role in human carcinogenesis: A comprehensive analysis and critical review of literature. Cancer Metastasis Review (CMR), 35(3):391-411, 2016.
- P. Sandhu, M. Mohammad Naeem, C. Lu, P. Kumarathasan, J. Gomes and A. Basak. Ser422 phosphorylation of Tau blocks its cleavage by caspase-3: Biochemical consequences and its implication to Alzheimer’s Disease, Bioorganic & Medicinal Chem Letts, 27:642-652, 2017.
- A. Basak, P. O’Reilly, B-O Williams and S. Basak. Small molecule phytocompounds as promoters of LDL-receptor and PCSK9 inhibition: Potential role as non-statin based cardio-protective agents. Chapter-8, “Cardioprotective Natural Products: Promises & Hopes” as part of the book series, "Natural Product Drug Discovery" (Editor: G. Brahmachari, Visva Bharati University, India), Elsevier, Academic Press, Words Scientific Publisher, page 277-318, Oct, 2017, Resource
- A. Basak & S. Basak. Molecular Tags for Proteins: A Review on Structures, Functions and Biological Applications. Submitted to Current Proteomic, Dec, 2017
Patent: Peptides derived from human PCSK9 catalytic domain and its uses thereof for promoting LDL-R activity (#131), Patent No: WO2016/119067 A1, Inventor: A. Basak, Applicant: Pronasci Inc - Resource