Dr. Susie ElSaadany
Dr. Susie ElSaadany
Professional Guidelines and Public Health Practice Division Infectious Diseases Prevention and Control Branch Public Health Agency of Canada and Adjunct Professor, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Faculty of Medicine.
Work E-mail: Susie_ElSaadany@phac-aspc.gc.ca
Fields of Interests:
Time Series Analysis, Mathematical Statistics, Linear Models, Multivariate Analysis, Applied Categorical Data Analysis, Experimental Design, Sampling Theory, Bio-statistics, Quantitative Methods in Epidemiology, Clinical Trials and Simulation, Risk Assessment, Risk Analysis, Risk Communication.
Advanced Calculus, Linear Algebra, Galois Theory, Measure Theory, Probability Theory, Numerical Analysis, Mathematical Physics, Number Theory, Mathematical logic, Dynamical Systems, Stochastic Process, Special and General Relativity Theory.
Mathematical Quantitative Psychology
Her work includes a special focus on risk assessment for rare and emerging diseases involving significant amounts of scientific uncertainty. Additionally, her work has treated; Viral Hepatitis, Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease, new variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease, Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathy (TSE), Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE), Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), West Nile Virus (WNV), and Chronic non-Infectious Diseases. She is responsible for the development of a National Autologous Blood Surveillance Program and a Pediatric Surveillance of Blood Utilization program, two programs to ensure quality, standardization and safety of blood use, and linking to blood conservation, disease transmission associated with transfusion, and the building of study objectives.
She participates on Health Canada TSE Policy Team and the Health Canada TSE Scientific Team, addressing: identification of key issues, proposed action plans, time lines, TSE surveillance, TSE risk assessment for blood, tissues, organs, vaccines, veterinary biologics, therapeutic products, cosmetics, food, animals products and byproducts, natural health products, and feeds and fertilizers.
Dr. Susie ElSaadany is the founder and co-chair, with Dr. Antonio Giulivi, of the International Expert Advisory Group (IEAG) for risk modelling. The Statistics and Risk Assessment Section collects and analysis expert opinion from a panel of international scientific, medical, academic, statistical and epidemiological experts for the rapid risk assessment of rare and emerging disease issues.
- Expert Elicitation for the Judgment of Prion Disease Risk Uncertainties. Michael G. Tyshenko, Susie ElSaadany, Tamer Oraby, Shalu Darshan, Willy Aspinall, Roger Cooke, Angela Catford, Daniel Krewski; Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health, Part A, Volume 74, Issue 2 & 4 2011, 261-285
- Risk Assessment Model to Determine the Risk of Viral Infection Due to Improper Re-use of Syringes. Tamer Oraby,Susie ElSaadany, Mustafa Al-Zoughool, Robert Gervais, Dick Zoutman, Jun Wu, Lynn Johnston, Mel Krajden, and Tom Wong.
- The Risk to Human Islet Cell Transplant Recipients of Acquiring Variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease: A Provisional Quantitative Risk Assessment. Michael G. Tyshenko, Susie ElSaadany, Tamer Oraby, Andrew Malcolm; Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Journal of Transplantation Society.
- Enhanced surveillance for measles in low incidence territories of the Russian Federation: defining a rate for suspected case investigation. Tiknonova T, Bichurina M.A, Gerasimova A.G, Zvirkun O.V, Vladimerova N.P, Mamaeva T, Lipskaya G, ElSaadany S, Spika J.S; Journal of Epidemiology and Infection, 2011, vol. 139, no2, pp. 239-246
- On the Performance of Social Network and Likelihood Based Expert Weighting Schemes 2008. Roger M Cooke, Susie ElSaadany, Xinzheng Huang; Journal of Reliability engineering & System Safety, Volume 93, Issue 5, May 2008, Pages 745-756
- Autologous Blood Programs: What is happening? G. Rock, R. Berger, D. Filion, D. Touche, G. Wells, S. ElSaadany, M. Afzal; Transfusion and Apheresis Science, Volume 39, Issue 3, December 2008, Pages 193-197
- Documenting a transfusion: how well is it done? Rock G, Berger R, Filion D, Touche D, Neurath D, Wells G, ElSaadany S, Afzal M; Transfusion, vol. 47, p.568, 2007
- Epidemiology of hepatocellular carcinoma in Canada, 1995: Analysis of death certificates. ElSaadany S, Giulivi A; Chronic Diseases in Canada, Vol. 27, No 3, 2006
- A review of nearly two decades in an autologous blood programme: the risk and fall of activity. Rock, G, Berger R, Bormanis J, Giulivi A, ElSaadany S, Afzal M, Beard J, Neurath D, Jones T.G; Transfusion Medicine, Vol. 16, p. 307, 2006