Dr. Mindy Goldman
Dr. Mindy Goldman
Executive Medical Director, Canadian Blood Services and Adjunct Professor, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Faculty of Medicine
Work E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Areas of Clinical Expertise
- Neonatal alloimmune thrombocytopenia
- Adverse transfusion reactions
Areas of Laboratory Medicine Expertise
- Traore AN, Delage G, McCombie N, Robillard P, Heddle NM, Hyson C, Goldman M. Clinical and laboratory practices in investigation of suspected transfusion-transmitted bacterial infection: a survey of Canadian hospitals. Vox Sanguinis 2009;96:157-9.
- OBrien SF, Yi Q-L, Fan W, Fearon MA, Scalia V, Goldman M. Impact of a policy to permit the return of donors repeat-reactive to the Abbott PRISM antibody to hepatitis B core antigen assay. Transfusion 2009;49:271-7.
- Goldman M, Xi G, Yi Q-L, Fan W, OBrien SF. Reassessment of deferrals for tattooing and piercing. Transfusion 2009;49:648-54.
- Ramirez-Arcos S, Goldman M. Skin disinfection methods: Prospective evaluation and post-implementation results. Transfusion 2009. In press.
- Eder A, Goldman M, Rossmann S, Waxman, Bianco C. Selection Criteria to Protect the Blood Donor in North America and Europe: Past (Dogma), Present (Evidence), and Future (Hemovigilance). Transfusion Medicine Reviews 2009;23(3):205-20.
- Bianco C, Eder A, Goldman M. Why do blood centers measure donors blood pressure and pulse? AABB News 2009;11(7):6-7.
- Eder A, Goldman M, editors. Blood Donor Health and Safety. Bethesda: AABB Press 2009.
- OBrien SF, Chiavetta JA, Fan W, Xi G, Yi QL, Goldman M, Scalia V, Fearon, MA. Assessment of a travel question to identify donors with risk of Trypanosoma cruzi: operational validity and field testing. Transfusion 2008;48:755-61.
- OBrien SF, Ram SS, Yi QL, Goldman M. Donors understanding of the definition of sex as applied to predonation screening questions. Vox Sanguinis 2008;94:329-33.
- OBrien SF, Fan W, Xi G, YI QL, Goldman M, Fearon MA, Infante-Rivard C, Chiavetta JA, Willems B, Pi D, Fast M, Delage G. Declining hepatitis C rates in first-time blood donors: insight from surveillance and case-control risk factor studies. Transfusion 2008;48:902-9.
- Goldman M. Should we attempt to detect bacteria in red blood cells? (editorial). Transfusion 2008;48:1538-40.
- Pavenski K, Webert KE, Goldman M. Consequences of transfusion of platelet antibody: a case report and literature review. Transfusion 2008;48:1981-9.
- OBrien SF, Xi G, Fan W, Yi QL, Fearon MA, Scalia V, Goldman M. Epidemiology of hepatitis B in Canadian blood donors. Transfusion 2008;48:2323-30.