Dr. Marcio Gomes
Dr. Marcio Gomes
Associate Professor & Distinguished Teacher, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine; Staff Pathologist and Thoracic Pathology Lead,The Ottawa Hospital; Clinician Educator, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Work E-mail: email@example.com
Areas of Clinical Expertise
- Thoracic Pathology
- Gastrointestinal Pathology
Educational Awards and Honours
- Leadership in Education Award, Canadian Association of Pathologists, Canada, 2017.
- Royal College Robert Maudsley Fellowship for Studies in Medical Education, Education Research Development Committee, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, 2017.
- University of Ottawa Teaching Skills Attainment Award with Distinction, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, 2015.
- PARO Clinical Teaching Award, Professional Association of Residents of Ontario, Ontario, Canada, 2014.
- Distinguished Teacher of the University of Ottawa, member of the inaugural graduating class, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, 2013.
- Top Poster Award on the International Conference on Residency Education of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, Quebec City, Canada, September 2011. Gomes M, Souza C, Bar J, Sekhon H. Interdisciplinary site-specific didactic meetings: Addressing competency-based education and program-based clinical services.
- University of Ottawa Teaching Skills Attainment Award with Merit, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, 2011.
- Dr. M. Orizaga Award for Excellence in Resident Teaching, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, 2011.
- Award of Excellence and Innovation in Postgraduate Medical Education, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, 2010.
- University of Ottawa Teaching Skills Attainment Award, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, 2009.
- Matthew J. Cecchini, Leslie Anderson, Elena Diana Salagean, Marcio M. Gomes. Social Media Eh? A Canadian Perspective on Social Media use in Pathology. Can J Pathol. 2018 Vol. 10 Issue 1, p37-52.
- Gupta A, Souza CA, Sekhon HS, Gomes MM, Hare SS, Agarwal PP, Kanne JP, Seely JM. Solitary fibrous tumour of pleura: CT differentiation of benign and malignant types. Clin Radiol. 2017 Sep;72(9):796.e9-796.e17.
- Sisodia S, Boushey R, Lee G, Marginean C, Gomes MM, Bhattacharya G, Dennis K. Perianal Pagetoid Intraepithelial Carcinoma. Case Rep Gastroenterol 2017;11:109–113.
- Shoki A, Gomes MM, Gupta A, Kify O, Pakhale S, Mulpuru S. An important cause of non-resolving pneumonia. Respir Med Case Rep. 2016 Jul 5;19:40-2. Participated in writing and providing images for the pathology portion and also reviewing of the manuscript.
- Paliga A., Strickland S., Gomes MM. Hospital autopsy: A major medical education gap. Canadian Journal of Pathology. 2016 Vol. 8 Issue 1, p24-33.
- Wasserman JK, Purgina B, Sekhon H, Gomes MM, Lai C. The Gross Appearance of a NUT Midline Carcinoma. Int J Surg Pathol. 2016 Feb;24(1):85-8.
- Earlam K, Souza CA, Glikstein R, Gomes MM, Pakhale S. Pulmonary Langerhans' cell histiocytosis and diabetes insipidus in a young smoker. Can Respir J. 2015 Sep 2. pii: 16996. [Epub ahead of print]
- Gomes MM. Competency-Based Medical Education in Pathology. Can J Path. 2015 Autumn;7(3):06-10. Single author.
- Gaikwad A, Souza CA, Inacio JR, Gupta A, Sekhon HS, Seely JM, Dennie C, Gomes MM. Aerogenous metastases: a potential game changer in the diagnosis and management of primary lung adenocarcinoma. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2014 Dec;203(6):W570-82.
- Wheatley-Price P, Jonker H, Jonker D, Shamji F, Gomes MM. Thymic epithelial neoplasms: a 12-year canadian regional cancer program experience. Clin Lung Cancer. 2014 May;15(3):231-6.
- Peña E, Souza CA, Escuissato DL, Gomes MM, Allan D, Tay J, Dennie CJ. Non-infectious Pulmonary Complications after Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation: Practical Approach to Imaging Diagnosis. RadioGraphics. 2014 May-Jun;34(3):663-83.
- Kos Z, Burns BF, Gomes MM, Sekhon HS. A rare case of anaplastic variant of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma presenting as a lung primary. Int J Surg Pathol. 2014 Apr;22(2):167-71.