Dr. Jason Wasserman
Dr. Jason Wasserman
Assistant Professor - The Ottawa Hospital - General Campus, Undergraduate Medical Education Director
Room: The Ottawa Hospital - General Campus, 501 Smyth rd - CCW 4249
Office: 613-737-8899 ext. 79039
Work E-mail: email@example.com
Dr. Wasserman grew up in Toronto. He received both his BSc and PhD in Physiology from the University of Toronto. He subsequently went on to receive his medical degree from the University of Ottawa. Dr. Wasserman completed his residency in Anatomical Pathology at the University of Ottawa where he served as the program's Chief Resident. Following his residency, he completed a fellowship in Head and Neck Pathology at the University of Toronto under the mentorship of Dr. Ilan Weinreb. Dr. Wasserman is currently a head and neck pathologist at The Ottawa Hospital and an Assistant Professor at the University of Ottawa where he teaches residents and medical students.
- Wasserman JK, Papp S, Hope AJ, Perez-Ordóñez B. Epstein-Barr Virus-Positive Large Cell Neuroendocrine Carcinoma of the Nasopharynx: Report of a Case with Complete Clinical and Radiological Response After Combined Chemoradiotherapy. Head Neck Pathol. 2018; Jan 4.
- Wasserman JK, Gravel D, Purgina B. Chordoma of the Head and Neck: A Review.Head Neck Pathol. 2017; Oct 4.
- Wasserman JK, Rourke R, Purgina B, Caulley L, Dimitroulakis J, Corsten M, Johnson-Obaseki S. HPV DNA in saliva from patients with SCC of the head and neck is specific for p16-positive oropharyngeal tumours. J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2017; 46(1).
- Wasserman JK, Dickson BC, Perez–Ordonez B, de Almeida JR, Irish JC, Weinreb I. INI1 (SMARCB1)–Deficient Sinonasal Carcinoma: A Clinicopathologic Report of 2 Cases. Head and Neck Pathol. 2017; 11(2).
- Wasserman JK, Williams PA, Islam S, Robertson SJ. GATA–3 expression is not associated with complete pathological response in triple negative breast cancer patients treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapy. Pathol Res Pract. 2016; 212(6):539-44.
- Wasserman JK, Purgina B, Lai Ck, Gravel D, Mahaffey A, Bell D, Chiosea SI. Phosphaturic Mesenchymal Tumor Involving the Head and Neck: A Report of Five Cases with FGFR1 Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization Analysis. Head Neck Pathol. 2016 Sep;10(3): 279-85.
- Strickland S, Wasserman JK, Giassi A, Djordjevic B, Parra-Herran C. Immunohistochemistry in the Diagnosis of Mucinous Neoplasms Involving the Ovary: The Added Value of SATB2 and Biomarker Discovery Through Protein Expression Database Mining. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2016 May;35(3):191-208.
- Wasserman JK, Bateman J, Mai KT. Differentiated squamous intraepithelial neoplasia associated with squamous cell carcinoma of the anal canal. Histopathology. 2015; 68(6): 834–42.
- Wasserman JK, Purgina B, Sekhon H, Gomes MM, Lai C. The gross appearance of a NUT midline carcinoma. Int. J. Surg. Pathol. 2015; 24(1): 85–8.
- Wasserman JK and Parra–Herran C. Regressive change in high–grade ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast: histopathologic spectrum and biologic importance. Am J Clin Pathol. 2015; 144(3): 503–10