The research activities of the Division of Nephrology are focused on bone disease, nephrotic syndrome, arterial hypertension and complications of post kidney transplant. The CHEO Research Institute offers tremendous support to our trainees through various methodologic workshops.
We participate in national and international multi-centre studies and enroll patients into international registries such as the North American Pediatric Renal Trials and Collaborative Studies (NAPRTCS) database. Our team members are actively involved in several regional and hospital-affiliated committees.
Specific areas of research include, but are not limited to:
- Bone disease in children with nephrotic syndrome
- Post kidney transplantation as well as the complications surrounding chronic kidney disease and arterial hypertension
- Vesicoureteral reflux (VUR)
- Anemia in chronic kidney disease (CKD) and studies of renal transplantation
- Developing teaching modules on peritoneal dialysis for the trainees
- Research training focus on Health Educators’ Scholar program (HESP)