Awards and Grants
The following awards are available at different times during the year. Check back here to see more details, including information on the application period.
- Faculty of Medicine Awards in Education: Award of Educational Advancement and Innovation in PGME
- PARO Award for Excellence in Clinical Teaching
- Faculty of Medicine Awards in Education: PGME
- Canadian Society for Clinical Investigation- Canadian Institute of Health Research (CSCI-CIHR) Award
- PSI Research Trainee Fellowship
- The Faculty of Medicine is pleased to inform you that the PSI Research Trainee Fellowship will be offered in 2019. Only trainees also in a Ph.D or MSc. or in the Clinician Investigator Program (CIP) can apply.
- PSI Research Trainee Fellowship (fellowship maximum of $25,000 per year for two (2) years)
- Your division or department, or another source, must co-fund 50% of the amount requested from PSI. For example, if the trainee requests the maximum $25,000 per year from PSI, then the sponsoring division/department must provide $12,500 per year.
- Nominations with all documents listed below must all be collated in one (1) pdf document. Please submit nominations to and/or request more information from Jodee Kent at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline is Friday, October 11, 2019 (electronic format only).
- All nominations MUST include:
1. 2020 Research Trainee Fellowship Application Form (see attached).
2. Proposed Training Plan
Please provide a detailed training plan and how it will strengthen the trainee’s development.
3. Proposed Research Plan
Please provide a detailed outline of expected research to be conducted during the training program.
Create a detailed timeline which includes milestones.
5. Budget and Justification
Provide proof of co-funding and a breakdown and justification of expected expenses for the non-stipend award funds.
6. Mentor’s Role
Prior to submitting the application, the applicant must have identified and secured agreement from a mentor. Such mentors must hold an academic appointment at one of Ontario’s six medical universities, hold a medical license in the province of Ontario, and have a proven track record of clinically relevant research and mentorship experience.
The mentor must include a letter of commitment, which includes the mentor’s availability to this trainee and training experience, and available resources/infrastructure. Note: this is not a letter of support.
7. Mentor- Letter of Support
PSI values the role of mentorship in supporting the success of the applicant during this fellowship. Therefore, the application would be significantly enhanced with a letter from an existing or proposed mentor outlining the nature, plan, and duration of mentorship.
8. Letter of Support from Sponsoring Institution
This letter should provide an evaluation and rationale for the applicant undertaking the training program at this institution. This letter should also explicitly state the amount of co-funding the institution will provide.
9. Curriculum Vita
Please include both the candidate and mentor’s CV. Each CV is to be made up of two components: the first component is to be limited to three pages and will include all relevant information such as education, appointments, committees, etc. The second component is to be a list of publications, presentations, grants received, etc. for the past 5 years. 03/2019 3
Please use this section to include material that will strengthen this application that is not included elsewhere.
Applications should not exceed 8 pages, plus CVs.
DEADLINE - Friday, October 11, 2019
There are no results for this content list.