The University of Ottawa and the Department of National Defence have launched a collaborative effort to offer up to two post-second-iteration CaRMS, postgraduate training positions in Family Medicine for Canadian Armed Forces Medical Officers. This is a joint application process and, as such, your residency application will be viewed by representatives of both the Department of National Defence and the University of Ottawa.
Each applicant must be either:
i) a current student in a Canadian medical school with an expected graduation date of June 1, 2018 or earlier, or be a past graduate of a Canadian medical school.
ii) a previous year Canadian medical school graduate who has not undertaken any postgraduate medical education.
Additionally, only those applicants who have also concurrently applied to the Canadian Armed Forces will be considered.
It is important to note that your training position within the University of Ottawa is contingent upon ongoing sponsorship by the Department of National Defence.
2. Simultaneous application to the University of Ottawa’s Family Medicine postgraduate program. Your application must be sent as one file to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include the following:
- Medical Student Performance Record (MSPR) or Dean’s letter
- Medical school transcripts
- Current curriculum vitae
- Applicant’s Declaration
- Personal letter
By submitting your application, you are granting authorization for both the Department of National Defence and the University of Ottawa to review its contents.
*If you do not meet the Canadian Armed Forces’ eligibility criteria, please do not apply, as your application will not be considered. Your acceptance is contingent upon sponsorship by the Department of National Defence.
- May 1, 2018: Application Deadline
- May 14-18, 2018: Interviews
- June 1-14, 2018: Offers are sent
- July 1, 2018: Start of residency