NEW ONLINE SYSTEM ANNOUNCEMENT
Stipend On-Call claims can be submitted by all residents electronically starting February 12, 2019. All claims for services provided on that date and later (Block 9 and going forward) will be submitted electronically using the Resident On-Call Stipend Claim system. Claims for earlier Blocks (Blocks 7 and 8) will still be submitted using the current claim form.
Submit your on-call stipend claim by the deadline.
The on-call system is designed to reimburse residents eligible for a call stipend, as outlined in the PARO-CAHO Collective Agreement.
- Submit on-call claims electronically
- Frequently Asked Questions help sheet with instructions on how the new system works, and where to obtain log-in or claim submission support.
In-house/In-Hospital Call ($127.60 per call)
An in-house/in-hospital call can be claimed if you were scheduled for and worked in the hospital on call.
Converted Home/Out of Hospital Call ($127.60 per call)
A converted home/out of hospital call can be claimed if you were scheduled for a home/out of hospital call but worked more than four hours in the hospital AND at least one of the four hours were after midnight and before 6:00 am.
Home/Out of Hospital Call ($63.80 per call)
A home/out of hospital call can be claimed if you were scheduled and did perform a home/out of hospital call.
Qualifying Shift ($63.80 per shift)
A qualifying shift can be claimed if you were scheduled and worked a shift within the hospital where at least one full hour occurred between midnight and 6:00 am.
Note: A qualifying shift cannot be claimed for days claimed either as a home/out of hospital call or as an in-hospital/in-house call.
Rounding ($63.80 per rounds claimed)
Rounding can be claimed if you are not scheduled for a call and are required to round on a weekend day and actually attend in-hospital for such rounding.
For more information on what constitutes a particular type of call, please visit the PARO website for call stipends for more details. The PARO office also welcomes any further questions you may have regarding stipend claims.
How to Claim
- Electronic submissions are to be completed by the resident, indicating whether the call was "In-Hospital/In-House", "Converted Home/Out of Hospital", "Home/Out of Hospital", “Qualifying Shift” or "Rounding".
- Claims not submitted within the timeframe as noted on the call stipend payment schedule will not be paid except for circumstances reasonably beyond the control of the resident.
- If the timing of receipt of claims does not comply with the agreement, the stipends received outside of this window will not be paid. Claims will be checked against call schedules for accuracy.
- Call stipend payments for University of Ottawa Postgraduate Medical Residents will be processed once monthly.
Please note: Payment schedule for on-call claims may be subject to change. In the event of a change, we will ensure residents and programs are notified. If the schedule you are viewing has expired or you have misplaced/not received a copy of the schedule, please contact email@example.com so that we may e-mail you the most recent copy.
- MOHLTC funded residents will be paid via the University of Ottawa, Paymaster Office for Medical Residents (3021 RGN).
- Electronic claims not completed correctly cannot be automatically submitted.
The Paymaster Office for Medical Residents
(training under the PARO-CAHO Collective Agreement):
Nicole Proulx, Financial & Payroll Officer, University of Ottawa
Lucija Dorvak, Financial & Payroll Officer, University of Ottawa
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: 451 Smyth Road, Room 3021, Ottawa ON, K1H 8M5
For further information, please call 613-562-5800 ext. 1656