The University of Ottawa does not sponsor, review or monitor the contents of external links on World-Wide Web sites using University facilities; nor des the University endorse the contents of any such links.
Unconscious bias Training
- Online CHIR module on unconscious bias for reviewers
- Standford University module on unconscious bias in medicine
In-person unconscious bias workshops are available through the EDI office. Contact us to schedule one for your team.
Indigenous Affirmation, to be read before events, conferences or presentations
We pay respect to the Algonquin people, who are the traditional guardians of this land. We acknowledge their longstanding relationship with this territory, which remains unceded.
We pay respect to all Indigenous people in this region, from all nations across Canada, who call Ottawa home.
We acknowledge the traditional knowledge keepers, both young and old.
And we honour their courageous leaders: past, present and future.
- Health care implications of systemic racism on Indigenous peoples:
- Truth and reconciliation Calls to Action (English)
- Truth and Reconciliation Calls to Action (French)
- Reclaiming Power and Place: The Final Report of the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls
- Public Inquiry Commission on Relations Between Indigenous Peoples and Certain Public Services in Québec: Listening, Reconciliation and Progress
- Online Cultural Sensitivity training
- Free online course from University of Alberta entitled “Indigenous Canada”
- Indigenous Health Researchers Database
- Ontario Human Rights Commission eCourse: “Call it out: racism, racial discrimination and human rights”
EBooks available from uOttawa:
- Microaggressions and modern racism: endurance and evolution - Charisse C. Levchak
- Private racism - Sonu Bedi
- Teaching race: how to help students unmask and challenge racism - Stephen Brook
Book for Allies
- Theo E.J. Wilson — A Black man goes undercover in the alt-right (TEDTalk)
- The skin we're in: Pulling back the curtain on racism in Canada - CBC Docs
- Ontario Hospital Association Anti-Racism Resource Page
- Anti-racism toolkit for all ages
- Ottawa Public Library - Black lives matter: a book list
Women's Health, Organizations and Resources
- Women's Health Bureau - Health Canada
- Association for Women in Science
- American Association of University Women
- Women in Medicine Program of the Association of American Medical College
- How Women Rise: Break the 12 Habits Holding You Back from Your Next Raise, Promotion, or Job, by Sally Helgesen and Marshall Goldsmith
- Act Like a Leader, Think Like a Leader, by Herminia Ibarra