The Office of CPD can support and guide you in enhancing your learning events, implementing new evidence-based learning strategies, increasing learner engagement and improving learner outcomes.
We take advantage of a growing body of literature that can guide us in how to build and implement learning strategies that will effectively address uptake of new evidence and necessary changes in medical practices.
Available resources include:
- Consultation with a CPD educational specialist
- CPD educational resources
- Tools, templates and guides for planning and evaluating
- Self-directed learning resources
Our ultimate goal is to advise, guide and support you through the design, development and delivery of your CPD activity.
For each of the activities listed below, our consultant in CPD development and quality of learning will be pleased to offer you advice, recommend tools, and facilitate workshops and meetings between you and your team.
We can help you do the following:
- Facilitate discussions to identify your CPD program’s goals
- Devise and analyze a needs assessment
- Identify program learning outcomes
- Write learning objectives
- Improve the coherence of your CPD program
- Integrate active learning techniques and increase learner engagement
- Develop a self-evaluation process of an existing program
- Develop teaching and learning strategies that are adapted to your needs
- much more…
Robert Parson is the Education and Accreditation Consultant in the Office of Continuing Professional Development at the Faculty of Medicine. He works closely with planning committees, faculty members and in different processes of assessment, review and CPD program development.
He has twenty years of experience as an instructional designer and education consultant with higher education organizations and professional institutions. He has been at the Office of CPD since 2012.
Phone: (613) 795-5555 extension 16879