In order to identify your goals, the first step is an identification of what is needed.
Assessment activities provide data with feedback to individual physicians or groups related to their personal or collective knowledge or performance across a broad range of professional practice domains. This feedback enables the identification of needs and development of future learning opportunities relevant to practice.
- Can help you choose the CPD activities most relevant to you
- Contribute to your MOC or Mainpro credits
- May focus on knowledge or clinical performance or other competencies
Examples of assessment activities and sources:
- Chart or Practice Audit with Feedback
- Multi-source feedback
- Knowledge Tests with Feedback
- Educational/administrative assessments
There are some suggested resources to help guide you in determining your needs and then, in forming your personal learning plan.
Loyens, S.M.M., Magda, J. & Rikers, R.M.J.P. Educ Psychol Rev (2008) 20: 411.