Welcome to the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Ottawa
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of Ottawa takes pride in providing excellence in mental health care, training and research.
Healing Minds Through Learning & Science
Our faculty works to improve the lives and health of our communities at home and abroad through innovative education, research that impacts patients, social justice, and compassionate, effective care.
Mental Health Matters: Collaboration, Innovation and Excellence for Everyone.
- 230 faculty members
- 50 plus graduate students are supersized by our members
- Average of 60 resident in our General Psychiatry training Program
- We offer specialty training PGY 6 positions in Geriatrics, Forensic and Child and Adolescents Psychiatry
- Grants and Publications have increased by 50% in the last year
- We present awards each year to recognize excellence in teaching and education
- In the last two year combined with have over 200 peer-reviewed papers published, over 9million research dollars brought in and members received a record 84 funding grants