Welcome to the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Ottawa
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of Ottawa takes pride in providing excellence in mental health care, training and research.
Mental Health Matters: Collaboration, Innovation and Excellence for all ages.
Our mission is focusing on the best of Leadership Advocacy, Education Training, and Research Innovation in mental health for the benefit of all individuals and communities.
Comprised of 232 faculty members, the Department of Psychiatry has continually shown its commitment to the development of mental health care and mental health research within our local community, as well as on a national and international scale.
- 230 faculty members
- 50 plus graduate students are supersized by our members
- Average of 60 resident in our General Psychiatry training Program
- We offer specialty training PGY 6 positions in Geriatrics, Forensic and Child and Adolescents Psychiatry
- Grants and Publications have increased by 50% in the last year
- We present awards each year to recognize excellence in teaching and education
- In the last two year combined with have over 200 peer-reviewed papers published, over 9million research dollars brought in and members received a record 84 funding grants