Cardiac Radiology Fellowship Director: Elena Pena, MD
Program Administrator: Avril D'Silva
- To develop a detailed knowledge of cardiac anatomy, cardiac hemodynamics, exercise physiology, standard cardiovascular pharmacology, echocardiography and rest and stress electrocardiography
- To develop the ability to protocol, supervise and interpret cardiac CT and cardiac MR
- To develop a detailed working knowledge of the 3D workstations used in conjunction with the scanners
- To demonstrate the ability to teach the technologists, residents, medical students and other staff
- To participate in daily/weekly, monthly work rounds
- To develop and complete at least one research project, present at one (or more) national or international meeting (s) and to publish at least one paper in a peer-reviewed journal
The successful candidate will also be required to observe a minimum of 50 coronary angiograms with CTA correlation as well as participate in the interpretation of these. The candidate will also be required to complete the ACLS course in order to deal with the possible complications of the drugs administered for Cardiac CT and to deal with possible anaphylactic reactions to intravenous contrast administration.
The candidate will spend 2 days per week in Cardiac CT and one day in Cardiac MR. One day per week will be dedicated to research. The candidate will spend one day per week in Thoracic Radiology.
One week ($1,500.00 contributed to travel and accommodation if the candidate is presenting at the meeting)
Assessment will be ongoing with the training supervisors and a formal evaluation will be provided every 3 months.
Academic Year 2022-23: deadline to apply is September 30, 2020