Residency/Fellowship Director: Dr. Nader Zakhari, MD, FRCPC
Program Administrator:Avril D'Silva
Neuroradiology subspecialty training program is accredited by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and is considered as a residency program.
To develop clinical and academic expertise in both diagnostic and interventional neuroradiology.
- To develop expertise in the performance and interpretation of advanced MRI techniques, including, but not limited to, diffusion and perfusion imaging, functional MRI, and MR Spectroscopy
- To help to develop new indications for advanced neuroimaging techniques, including, but not limited to, functional MRI and MR Spectroscopy
- To refine and further develop expertise in the performance and interpretation of computed tomography scans of the brain, head and neck, and spine
- To refine and further develop expertise in the performance and interpretation of myelograms
- To further develop and refine skills with respect to the indications, risks and benefits, and performance of diagnostic neuroangiography
- To develop skills and gain experience in the performance of intracranial, interventional neuroradiologic procedures, including, but not limited to, treatment of aneurysms with GDC coils, angioplasty, thrombolysis, and balloon occlusions
- To contribute to and develop expertise in neuroradiology research initiatives
- A two-year subspecialty residency
- The resident will rotate through MRI, CT, Myelography, and angiography at both the Civic and the General campuses. His/her time will be divided approximately equally through each of these modalities
- Protected academic time will be provided when necessary to support research initiatives
Ongoing evaluation of the candidate will occur by direct observation as well as by oral and OSCE examination and Review of evaluations conducted at regular intervals with the fellowship program director.
Academic Year: 2021
2021-23 Neuroradiology applications will be accepted from April 15 – September 30, 2019.
Please note, priority will be given for applications submitted before June 30, 2019 for early interviews in August 2019.
Applications submitted July 1 - September 30, 2019 will be considered for remaining position(s) for late interviews in in Oct/Nov 2019.