Carlos Torres MD, FRCPC
Carlos Torres MD, FRCPC
Dr. Carlos Torres is an Associate Professor of Radiology at the University of Ottawa Faculty of Medicine and a staff neuroradiologist at The Ottawa Hospital since 2008. Before joining uOttawa and the Department of Diagnostic Imaging at The Ottawa Hospital, Dr. Torres completed a two-year Neuroradiology Fellowship at McGill University in Montreal.
Dr. Torres is the former Program Director of the Royal College Accredited Neuroradiology Fellowship Program at uOttawa, position he held from 2010 to 2016. He is a member of the Royal College Neuroradiology Examination Board and has been the Director and Co-Director of multiple CME Courses in Europe, North America and Latin America.
Dr. Torres is in the Executive Committee of the Eastern Neuroradiological Society (ENRS), he is the Chair of the International Scientific Committee for the Ibero Latin American Society of Neuroradiology (SILAN), a member of the Executive and Organizing Committee of the European Course of Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology in Latin America, a member of the Organizing Committee of the 2022 World Federation of Neurological Sciences WFNRS Symposium Neuroradiologicum, in New York and the Director of the Neuroradiology Chapter for the Interamerican College of Radiology. In addition, Dr. Torres serves in multiple committees for the RSNA, ARRS and ASER.
Dr. Torres has given more than 280 national and international invited lectures and is regularly invited to speak at all the major Radiology and Neuroradiology Meetings including: RSNA, ARRS, ISMRM, ASNR, ASSR, ASHNR, ASER, ENRS and CAR. He is an International Visiting Professor for RSNA, ASNR, ARRS and for the Interamerican College of Radiology (CIR). He has been Visiting Professor in multiple academic centres in the US and Canada as well as in Asia, Central and South-America, including Brazil, Colombia, El Salvador, Chile, Bhutan, China, Myanmar and Mongolia.
Dr. Torres is actively involved in medical education and research; his main areas of interest include vascular pathologies, brachial plexus imaging, spine and tumor imaging. He has multiple peer-reviewed publications and has written 16 book chapters. He is an Editor of the journal 3D Printing in Medicine, and a reviewer for multiple national and international journals including AJNR, CARJ and European Radiology.
He has received numerous departmental, national and international awards for his teaching and research including undergrad teacher of the year award, fellow teacher of the year award, and most recently the 2017 RSNA Honored Educator Award. In 2017, he received the National Order of Merit Award in the Rank of Officer from the Republic of Colombia (equivalent to The Order of Canada) for his scientific contributions in the field of Diagnostic Neuroradiology and he was appointed as Distinguished Professor of Radiology at Henan Provincial People's Hospital, Zhengzhou University in China. Most recently, he received the 2018 Anne G. Osborn ASNR Outreach Professor Award to represent the American Society of Neuroradiology in Myanmar and he was selected as Outreach International Visiting Professor to represent the ARRS in Valladolid, Spain in April 2019.
1. Anne G. Osborn ASNR Outreach Professor Award to Myanmar for 2018
Sept 1, 2017 Oak Brook, IL, USA
2. uOttawa Faculty of Medicine’s Radiologist Dr. Carlos Torres honoured with several international awards. MedPoint | Vol. 1 Issue 2 | July 27, 2017
3. Associate Professor of Radiology Dr. Carlos Torres receives CRF/CAR Leadership Scholarship.
4. February 2017 e-newsletter of the Canadian Association of Radiologists (CAR)
CAR/CRF Leadership Scholarship.
5. RSNA News December 1, 2016.
RSNA Visiting Professors Leave Impact on Ghana, Mexico, Mongolia and Philippines https://www.rsna.org/News/
6. RSNA Press Release: Carlos Torres M.D, FRCPC Travels to Mongolia through International Education Program
Sept 9, 2016 Oak Brook, IL, USA
7. University of Ottawa, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Radiology - News
Sept 29, 2016.
8. ICI Radio-Canada 3D Printing Story/ La médecine et l'imprimante 3D : la technologie du futur ?
Mar 28, 2016 at 3:11pm EDT Ottawa, ON, Canada
9. Innovation Centre at Bayview Yards: Special Announcement Event
3D Printing Wed, 15 Jun 2016 at 9:00 AM - Ottawa, ON
10. RSNA Press Release: Carlos H. Torres M.D, Travels to El Salvador through International Education Program
Oct 15, 2012 Oak Brook, IL, USA
11. Two CCSVI projects led by Ontario Researchers
MS Ontario, Fall – Winter 2010. Volume 25 Issue 2
Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada
12. Ottawa Doctor to study blocked veins in MS patients – CTV Ottawa
June 14, 2010 at 11:47am EDT
Melissa Juergensen, ctvottawa.ca
13. MS Research projects test theory – Technology & Science – CBC News
June 11, 2010 at 4:37pm ET
14. Radio Interview: MS Research projects test theory – Health – CBC News
June 11, 2010 at 4:35pm ET