La version française suivra sous peu.
Additional information: Types of service requests
Service requests are electronic requests submitted by graduate students to their supervisors or faculty.
Service request purposes is to monitor progress in between progress report, to add/change thesis title/research topic, submit forms, etc.
The Service Request application is intended for students who wish to submit electronic requests and documents to be reviewed and/or processed by their supervisor, program director or academic unit.
Here are some tips to navigate through uoZone and service request:
How can I access my service requests
- From the uoZone Applications tab, click Service Requests.
- The My Service Requests screen is displayed. If you have not yet created a service request, the service request table will be empty
How to create a Service Request
- In your uoZone Applications tab, select Service Requests.
- Form the My Service Requests screen, click New Request.
- Under Select a request Category, click on Research related or General and click Next.
- Select the service request you would like to create and click Next.
- Under File Attachments, click add attachment (if you need to add one), select the attachment to add and click upload.
- Enter your comment in the Comment: box.
- Click Submit.
How to access Faculty of Medicine’s forms
- From www.med.uottawa.ca/graduate-postdoctoral/, under Students Hub, select Forms to displays the list of forms available.
- Click the form title to open it, then complete the electronic form and save it. Once you have completed the form you can attach it to a service request, if necessary.
How to view or update my Service Requests
- From the Applications tab in uoZone, click Service Requests.
- Your Service Requests are in a table with the following columns: Request Number, Request Type, Request Subtype, Request Date, Status and Status Date.
- The following navigation options are available at the top of the service request table
- Personalize: choose how your Service Requests are displayed
- Find: access specific requests you have created (when many are displayed)
- View All: display all your Service Requests
- To view more information about a service request or to update it, click the desired request in the Request Type column.
- My Request Detail displays your service request. From this screen, you can view, add or update comments and view attachments submitted with the request.
- To add a comment, click add comment; to update a previous comment, click update last comment.
- To view the content of an attachment submitted with a request, click View next to the desired attachment.
- To save your modifications, click Save or click Cancel to return to the My Service Requests screen.
Complete Service Request Guide