Pediatric Plastic Surgeon and Assistant Professor
Room: CHEO, 3355-401 Smyth Road, Ottawa, ON, Administrative Assistant - Natalie Salvador
Office: 613-737-7600 ext. x2568
Work E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Cheung is a plastic and reconstructive surgeon at the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) and a faculty member of the University of Ottawa. He received his medical doctorate from Queen’s University. He completed residency training at McMaster University and fellowship training in hand and wrist microsurgery at Harvard University.
His clinical expertise encompasses the breadth of paediatric plastic surgery with subspecialty interests in hand and wrist trauma, congenital hand deformities, and brachial plexus injuries. He has an active research program with 4-6 projects ongoing at any given time.
- Cheung K, Klausmeyer MA, Jupiter JB. “Abductor digiti minimi flap for vascularized coverage in the surgical management of complex regional pain syndrome following carpal tunnel release.” Hand 2016. DOI: 10.1177/1558944716681977
- Cheung K, Kaur MN, Tolliver T, Longo CJ, Naam NH, Thoma A. “A Tale of Two Healthcare Systems: Cost-Utility Analysis of Open Carpal Tunnel Release in Canada and the United States.” Plast Surg 2016. 24(4).
- Cheung K, Upton J. “Cornelia de Lange Syndrome.” Journal of Hand Surgery 2015. 40(12): 2501-3.
- Cheung K, Walley KC, Rozental TD. “Management of complications of Dupuytren’s contracture.” Hand Clinics 2015. 31:345-54. PMID: 25934208
- Vartija L, Cheung K, Kaur M, Coroneos C, Thoma A. “Ulnar Hammer syndrome: A systematic review of the literature” Plast Reconstruction Surg. 2013 Nov; 132(5): 1181-91. DOI: 10.1097/PRS.0b013e3182a3bfcb
- Cheung K, Hatchell AC, Thoma A. “Approaches to Traumatic Hand Injuries for Primary Care Physicians.” Canadian Family Physician 2013; 59: 614-8.
- Cheung K, Voineskos SH, Avram R, Sommer DD. “A systematic review of the endoscopic management of orbital floor fractures.” JAMA Facial Plast Surg 2013. 15(2): 126-130. PMID: 23370729
- Cheung K, Sweetman A, Thoma A. “Plastic surgery wait times in Ontario: A potential surrogate for workforce demand.” Can J Plast Surg 2012; 20(4): 229-232.
- Cheung K, Sweetman A, Thoma A. “Challenges and strategies for determining the workforce requirements in plastic surgery.” Can J Plast Surg 2012; 20(4): 245-247.