Research Half Day
The Department of Surgery Research Half Day
- All are welcome (Staff, Residents, Research Personnel, and Students)
- Thursday, December 8, 2022; In-person (details coming soon)
1) Research Personnel Session
This is opportunity for our Research Personnel to be highlighted and for us to learn from these experts. Please find the details in the schedule below.
2) Faculty Session
Each year, we are able to learn from our outstanding surgeons, as well as experienced researchers from outside the department. Please find the details in the schedule below.
3) Wolves' Den - Live Grant Competition
The Wolves' Den is held annually at the Research Half Day. Surgeons in our department enter the Wolves' Den and present their research to the Surgical Wolves. A rapid-fire question and answer session, audience voting, and deliberation by the Surgical Wolves determine who will be win the grant. For a full description of the Wolves' Den competition, view our grants page, where the submission portal is also available.
4) Research Excellence Awards
- Nominations will be due November 1, 2022
- Submit your Research Excellence Nominations here.
The Research Awards are peer-nominated awards that recognize contributions made by members of our department, under three categories:
Researcher of the Year
Research Mentor of the Year
Research Personnel of the Year
Letters of nomination should outline:
- Why you believe that your nominee is a candidate for the award
- How their work aligns with the DoS Research Vision and Values
- Specific examples of their contribution(s)
Previous Research Excellence Awardees
|Year||Researcher of the Year||Research Mentor of the Year||Research Personnel of the Year|
|2021||Dr. Angel Arnaout||Dr. Paul Beaule||Holly Livock|
|2020||Dr. Andrew Seely||Dr. Prasad Jetty||Dr. Michael Kennedy|
|2019||Dr. Rodney Breau||Dr. Guillaume Martel||Caitlin Anstee|
|2018||Dr. Rebecca Auer||Dr. Peter Lapner||Johanna Dobransky|
|2017||Dr. Marc Ruel||
Andrea Marie Ibrahim
Dr. Christiano Tanese de Souza
Research Half Day Schedule
Research Half Day 2021
- Coming soon.