- The program has a limited enrollment of 65 students with entry after the completion of two years of undergraduate science education.
- Classes are small. Currently the largest TMM class has only 34 students. Small classes means that TMM students get individualized training and attention.
- The TMM program does not use textbooks. TMM professors uses case-based and active learning for a rich and enjoyable scientific experience.
- The third-year laboratory rotation program offers students the opportunity to gain experience in a working laboratory.
- A summer program offers opportunities for a paid summer research internship after the third-year.
- TMM graduates are now in medical school, graduate school or employed in Ottawa hospitals or the federal government. The deadline to submit an application is the first Friday of the month of April, each year.
The University of Ottawa:
- is among Canada's top 10 research universities
- is located in Ottawa, Canada's capital city
The Faculty of Medicine:
- is located at the Roger-Guindon Campus (RGN) on Smyth Road, attached to the Ottawa Hospital's General Campus and Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO)
- is affiliated with Bruyère Continuing Care, CHEO, The Ottawa Hospital, Montfort Hospital, and Royal Ottawa Mental Care Group