Good standing / academic concern list
Definitions for good standing and academic concern list
A student in good standing:
- is registered for the current academic year or current session;
- has paid tuition fees for the current session;
- has met the ongoing requirements of the Office of Risk Management (immunization, mask fitting, CPR course and police record check).
A student active on the academic concern list:
(This is an internal designation within the Faculty overseen by the SPEC.)
- has failed a written examination and not yet passed the remedial or supplemental examination;
- has deferred and not yet taken an examination;
- has deferred or failed and not yet passed a subsequent OSCE;
- has failed an evaluation and not yet completed the remediation;
- has an active professionalism issue;
- is currently being monitored by the Faculty Wellness Office; or
- is deemed as being in difficulty by the SPEC.
In order to be eligible to commence a core 3rd year Distributed Medical Education (DME) placement, a student must not be on the active academic concern list.
Any exception to the above designation can be approved only by the SPEC.